News Junky

Just venting. Please join me.

Name:
Location: Huntington Beach, California, United States

Sunday, June 17, 2007

I've gotten tired of the news

I don't know whether it's a change in me, or that hearing the same bad news every day about Iraq and the GOP shenanigans seems like reruns.

The story about the King Drew (now King-Harbor) hospital is a good illustration. This hospital has had these kinds of problems for years. All attempts to remedy the situation have failed. Nothing makes a difference.

Our problems are an elephant in the livingroom, but we are impotent to fix anything.

I don't like that feeling. This gives me insight into why people tune out current events. They feel impotent.

As a child of the '60s I'm not used to feeling that way. Then we felt we could make a difference.

Another incident added to my growing sense of frustration. My tube of toothpaste was confiscated at Indianapolis International. It was fine going through the checkpoint at LAX, but was evidently a real no-no at INDY. Why? Don't all the screeners follow the same rules? I'm thinking these processes are defined by people of modest intellect, and enforced by folks who settle for near minimum wage.

In fact that's the bottom line. We are delegating huge responsibilites to folks who are just not up to the task. Bush is the best example of it.


Perhaps we should just let it all fail and start again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home